Special Education Classroom Assistant
Rowe Elementary is looking for dedicated staff members to be a part of the 2018-
2019 school year. Applicants will be selected based on alignment to our mission and vision, relevant experience, and demonstration of potential to yield excellent educational outcomes for scholars.
- Hold a High School degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Hold a current Illinois Paraprofessional License by the first day of school
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working in a school
- Provide individual assistance and support to a specific student with identified behavioral and functional needs within the academic setting and during transitions throughout the day.
- Responsible for assisting the General Education classroom teachers and the Special Education teacher in all potential instructional settings, including assisting specific scholar at recess, multi-purpose room/gymnasium, lunchroom, libraries, field trips and all other educational settings
- Responsible for guiding any independent study, enrichment work, and instruction set up by the General Education classroom teacher and the Special Education teacher
- Administer diagnostic assessments with appropriate assessment modifications indicated in this scholar’s Individual Education Program.
- Collect and analyze daily behavioral and academic performance data
- Attend IEP, collaboration and all professional development meetings related to the position or supports being provided.
- Execute all portions of a scholar’s BIP
- When required, operate and care for classroom equipment for instructional purposes;
- Actively support a well-organized, smooth functioning learning environment where the student can take full advantage of the instructional program and available sources;
- Serve as a resource person to the specialized services clinical team and IEP team;
- Perform other duties as may be necessary and assigned by the classroom teacher or Case Manager
Compensation: We offer a generous compensation package which includes base salary and
comprehensive health benefits. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.