6th- 8th Technology Teacher
Rowe Elementary is looking for dedicated staff members to be a part of the 2018-
2019 school year. Applicants will be selected based on alignment to our mission and vision, relevant experience, and demonstration of potential to yield excellent educational outcomes for scholars.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in education, Master’s degree preferred
- Hold a current Illinois Educator License
- Minimum of 2-3 years teaching experience required; elementary background preferred
- Incorporate technology experiences into instruction, including field trips and in-house presentations
- Be willing to support scholars in reading and/or math instruction
- Work with general education teachers to create linked lesson/unit plans to support ongoing research projects or presentations
- Willing to collaborate with IT department to further tech literacy efforts across the organization
- Develop appropriate Computer Science Technology Curriculum for students in grades 6-8.
- Teach knowledge and understanding of Computer Technology careers.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student growth and progress in the CSA activities, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student’s needs, including students with special needs
- Continue to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the Computer Science Technology field by attending seminars, participating in professional organizations, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Maintain a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourage parental involvement & technology education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensure that student conduct conform to the school’s standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Meet with other professional staff members, especially within the S.T.E.M. Program and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Select and requisition appropriate instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records in accordance with District Policies and Procedures.
Compensation: We offer a generous compensation package which includes base salary and
comprehensive health benefits. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.