Visual Arts Teacher
Rowe Elementary is looking for dedicated staff members to be a part of the 2018-
2019 school year. Applicants will be selected based on alignment to our mission and vision, relevant experience, and demonstration of potential to yield excellent educational outcomes for scholars.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in education, Master’s degree preferred
- Hold a current Illinois Educator License
- Minimum of 2-3 years teaching experience required; elementary background preferred
- Experience with developing a visual arts curriculum that aligns to Common Core Standards and vertically aligns grades 6-8
- Incorporate art-based experiences into instruction, including field trips and in-house presentations
- Develop an annual showcase highlighting the knowledge of scholars
- Be willing to support scholars in reading and/or math instruction
Compensation: We offer a generous compensation package which includes base salary and
comprehensive health benefits. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.